Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Full-Time Physical Therapist / DOR - Presidio Health Care Center
Spring Valley, CA 91977 United States
Presidio Health Care Ctr
Director of Rehab
The Director of Rehabilitation Directs and coordinates the policies, objectives, initiatives, and programs for the delivery of rehabilitation therapy programs to patients. Oversees the performance of the rehabilitation therapy staff, business planning and budget development. Assure services are in compliance with professional and clinical competency standards, state and federal regulatory requirements. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
The Director of Rehabilitation contributes to the accomplishment of Director of Rehabilitation practices and objectives that will provide a high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, and goal attainment.
• Ability to apply facility’s philosophy, principles and technology
• Ability to demonstrate, and provide examples of, continuous personal development and improvement in each of the essential
o Functions listed in the section below:
o The ability to manage employees
o Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
o Ability to make independent decisions after gathering information from internal and external sources
o A customer service-focused attitude.
• Communicate with the referring physician and other professionals regarding patient’s treatment program.
• Perform initial patient evaluations and evaluates response to treatment interventions.
• Understands and follows the regulatory statutes and rules to the practice of rehabilitation services.
• Educates patients, family and staff as appropriate.
• Familiarity with budgeting principles and procedures
• Develops and manages the rehabilitation department that includes workstation inspections and assessment.
• Provide in-service training related to rehabilitation service to staff and new employees.
• Maintain progress notes and treatment plans on patient’s treatment or referrals.
• Supervise and mentor therapy programs.
• Communicate effectively and proactively with physicians.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with physicians, external and internal customers.
• Provide relevant program knowledge, analytical leadership, administrative guidance and advice in the day-to-day management of therapy programs.
• Apply professional judgment in solving difficult issues.
• Understand and work to meet and exceed the patient needs.
• Communicate respectfully, openly, honestly and directly.
• Promote an environment that facilitates innovation, creative solutions and empowerment.
• Manage department in accordance with state law.
• Coordinate strategic planning for therapy services.
• Comply and enforce established policy and procedures for rehabilitation services.
• Assist with recruitment for rehabilitation department.
• Actively participate in all facility meetings-Stand Up/PPS.
• Responsible for PPS management.
• Coordinate D/C planning and equipment.
• Participate in family conferences as needed.
• Available for weekend coverage and scheduling as needed.
• Must comply with company rules, policies and procedures
• Must comply with safety rules, policies, and procedures
• Assumes other duties as assigned.
Education, training, experience:
1. Licensed as a Physical Therapist, Speech-Language Pathologist, or Occupational Therapist for the State of California.
2. Must have a valid CPR certification
3. Must have a completed physical examination from a licensed physician.
4. Must have a negative TB skin test within the past year OR a clear Chest X-ray within the past five years.
Knowledge, skills and Experience:
To perform the Director of Rehabilitation job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required of the company Director of Rehabilitation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum of 2 years working experience in respective field.
• Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
• Travel when required.
• Must be able to gather, analyze information timely and skillfully.
Terms & Conditions