Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
American Specialty Health
Licensed Physical Therapist
San Diego, CA 92121 United States
Licensed Physical Therapist
American Specialty Health, Incorporated (ASH)
2011, 2010, 2009, 2008 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles, Gold—National Business Group on Health
2011, 2010 & 2009 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America—Inc. 5000
2009 & 2006 Best Places to Work—San Diego Business Journal
2008 100 Best Places to Work Nationally in Healthcare—Modern Healthcare
We are seeking a Licensed Physical Therapist for our Clinical Quality Evaluation Department.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform medical necessity review of rehabilitation services.
• Professional degree in Physical Therapy from accredited college or university required. Additional post graduate degree in same or related field a plus.
• Active and unrestricted California Physical Therapy license required.
• Minimum five years of patient care. Supervisory experience is a plus.
• Understanding of PT practice guidelines and best practices required.
• Working knowledge of managed Physical Therapy services is a plus.
• Advanced training or certification in any specialty areas of PT, health care or quality management, case management, performance improvement, data analysis, and quality initiatives also preferred.
• Must meet ASH clinical credentialing requirements.
From our corporate-casual dress code, which includes jeans and sneakers, to paid vacation and holidays to company-sponsored social activities, American Specialty Health provides excellent benefits and incentives. Some of the many benefits offered by ASH include:
• Paid Time Off (PTO): vacation, sick, and personal time
• Benefits include medical, dental, and vision; chiropractic, acupuncture, massage therapy, and dietetic counseling coverage with medical plan
• 401(k) savings and retirement plan
• An onsite fitness center and discounted local gym memberships
• Healthy vending machines stocked with snacks approved by registered dietitians and subsidized by ASH
• Athletic Reimbursement
• Wellness/Volunteer Fair and Benefit Fair
• Year-long activity challenges using state-of-the art wireless technology
• Quarterly healthy living challenges
• Eleven paid holidays plus Floating Holiday
• Public transportation reimbursement
• Tuition reimbursement
• An annual “Get Healthy!” award for an employee who achieves a significant wellness goal
• Worksite health education series
• Running, Walking and Tai Chi clubs, as well as lunch time Hula Workout class
• Incentive Program – employees can receive up to $400 a year ($100 per quarter) for reaching specified physical activity goals using a wireless accelerometer or a Polar heart rate monitor.
• Wellness Committee, Toastmasters, Community Service Committee & Social Activities Committee
American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH) is a national health services company that provides population health management programs including prevention and wellness services, specialty health care management programs, and fitness and exercise services to health plans, insurance carriers, employer groups, and trust funds.
Since its inception in 1987, ASH has been based in San Diego and now has regional offices in Dallas and Indianapolis. Currently, ASH has nearly 1,000 employees. ASH subsidiaries operate in all 50 states, providing access to contracted practitioners with administrative platform for clients. ASH clients include more than 132 health plans nationwide.
In addition, ASH offers employees many opportunities for education and advancement, plus an awards program that honors employee achievement in the areas of Quality, Customer Service, Teamwork and Innovation.
Click the link below to apply:
If this current position does not fit your area of expertise, please visit us online to view our current list of available positions. www.ashcompanies.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M-F-D-V
Education, training, experience:
Terms & Conditions